Thanks to smart phones, just about anyone can shoot a video these days. But if you want to create something of real value/quality, then more skill is required. I've been shooting and editing my own video for over a decade. It's hard (backbreaking) work that takes much longer than one might think to complete. I still edit video almost daily and I train/advise staff in this captivating medium.
Technology, Mind & Socity Conference
I edited and produced this video to help register 500 people for APA's new Technology, Mind & Soceity Conference in 2018. The conference sold out! TMS is now an annual event for APA.
- 2019 Communicator Award: Technology, Mind & Society 1st Annual TMS Conference -- Award for Marketing Effectiveness
AAAS Video Showcase
These videos feature AAAS members describing their work in various fields of science. I shot, edited and produced these myself. On average, these videos received between 500-1000 views.
- Tour the space shuttle Discovery at the National Air and Space Museum
- Autonomous underwater vehicles canvas our oceans to studying their health
- Narwhals have tusks made of dentin and a dentist study's them
- Long forgotten U.S. voyage around the globe mapped the southern seas
- Researchers distinguish dinosaur Torosaurus from Triceratops